Finally! My list of summer activities is complete! For those of you that don’t already know, I’m on a quest to accomplish a myriad of different things in New York City, and in my haste, I am going to accomplish 100 of them this summer!
From Memorial Day Sunday to Labor Day Monday constitutes the New York City summer, and in those 100 days (exactly) I will accomplish 100 Things. I’m already behind the pace, because on Sunday, I went to a barbeque, which wasn’t on my list, instead of hosting a barbeque, which was on my list.
That being said, I don’t know how wonderful my list actually is. I don’t have a ton of awesome cultural experiences, or those things that only New Yorkers know about. In my defense, I have lived in New York City for 9 years, and I have done a lot of those things, and I wanted this list to be about trying new things. So, my list includes hitting up a lot of restaurants and bars I have yet to frequent, along with trying out a lot of silly things I have always wanted to do but never gave the time of day.
Anyway, I will stop rambling. You can find my list of Summer Activities at the preceding hyperlink. I don’t plan on making any “real” changes to the list, but I might change a venue or two based on further reviews, information or costs.
You can also check out my blog posts about the personal growth I hope to achieve this summer. While the activities will give me a lot to talk about, I still need keep my head right and work on getting to where I want to go in life. This blog post lays out the agenda for the summer in that regard.
Let me know if you like the list and if there are any recommendations you have for me. I would prefer recommendations on the best times to hit some of these places up, but if you have additional activities that coincide with what you see on the list, certainly let me know and I’ll add those to the bonus section. So please, please, please, post your recommendations in the comment section below!
Also, here’s the list below, as well as the link my list of things to do:
- Hudson Terrace – http://uzonyc.com/KW
- Lucky’s Burger – http://uzonyc.com/Gp
- Black Iron Burger – http://uzonyc.com/zR
- Molly’s Buffalo Burger
- The Intrepid Museum – http://uzonyc.com/r7
- Fontana’s – http://uzonyc.com/HX, http://4sq.com/ihpZiG
- Miss Favela – http://uzonyc.com/ck, http://4sq.com/pDdPAO
- Whiskey Tavern
- Trump Soho Hotel – http://4sq.com/mU4TFP
- Rare View on a Thursday Evening
- Tribeca Grand Hotel
- Qi – http://uzonyc.com/LV
- Madison Square Park BBQ Block Party – http://uzonyc.com/wj, http://4sq.com/mUgtvV
- Macondo – http://uzonyc.com/rQ
- Habana Outpost – http://uzonyc.com/nj, http://4sq.com/nStH3t
- Fort Greene Park – http://uzonyc.com/aU, http://4sq.com/pTZDmj
- International African Arts Festival – http://uzonyc.com/ZY, http://4sq.com/qVEekY
- Hudson River Cafe – http://bit.ly/nfEYsx, http://4sq.com/odauar
- Bistro Ten 18 – http://4sq.com/onDpae
- Mets Game – http://4sq.com/o9BSSu
- Chow down at Red Hook Ball Fields
- New Museum Block Party
- Murray’s Bagels
- Crumbs Bakery
- Terrace in the Sky
- Vamos All You Can Eat
- The Meatball Shop