Folks, it’s that time of year again! It is time for me to figure out what in the hell I’m going to do this summer!
After having just finished my MBA, I must admit, I’m not necessarily in the mood for a whole lot of firsts this summer. My natural inclination is to just get back to some semblance of a routine again and be able to do all of the “normal” things that I wasn’t able to do (at least on a regular basis) while I was in school.
That said, if there is one thing my MBA taught me, it was that you only live once (#yolo), and with that being the case, I am going through with my 100 days, 100 things, 100 posts summer series!
So for those of you that don’t know what I speak of, the “100 things, 100 days, 100 posts” series is essentially me taking the summer (which from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day is roughly 100 days) to do activities and visit places (100 things) that I have never done before, and of course, I will document them with blog posts and/or pictures (100 posts)!
I started this in 2011, where I failed to do 100 things, but I did do a bunch of new things (21+, to be kind of exact). Those new things included going to Terrace in the Sky, the International African Arts Festival and The Intrepid Museum. I also ate at Black Iron Burger, Macondo and Porchetta for the first time.
In 2012, while in business school, taking classes and interning at the Associated Press, I didn’t do a great job of documenting my adventures. While I did manage my way through 14 different new things-to-do, I did not write a single blog post about any of them. Some of the new things I did are documented via foursquare, so there is the occasional photo, but no words to go with them.
As Ie enter the summer of 2013, graduated, jobless, moneyless and thus, with time to spare, I vow to do a much better job. It’s my mission to do at least 50 new things this summer, which will beat my best effort back in 2011. Additionally, every new thing will be documented officially, either through a blog or descriptive photo.
Anyway, enough about the mission, you want to see what in the hell there is to do in New York City during the summer.
Well, here is my detailed list: Things to Do in NYC During Summer
Many of the things are carry overs from past years, but there are some new things. The list is obviously subject to change as I learn about new things to do, and carefully comb through it again and again with even better things to do in New York City.
Check it out, let me know what you think in the comments below and make suggestions that I can make to the list! I look forward to sharing 100 new New York City adventures with you all!
Lastly, below are all of the things I’ve crossed off the list to this point, and you can view my entire list of things to do in the summer on my Google Doc.
- Dos Toros – http://www.uzonyc.com/?p=584, http://4sq.com/10YlJ8s
- The Highline Park – http://www.uzonyc.com/?p=590, http://4sq.com/12JTaOD
- SNAP Bar – http://www.uzonyc.com/?p=614, http://4sq.com/19qyP8H
- LeBain – Fridays – http://www.uzonyc.com/?p=609, http://4sq.com/15D7c4I
- Harlem Shake – http://www.uzonyc.com/?p=622, http://4sq.com/13XYfnt
- Brooklyn Fish Camp – http://uzonyc.com/jE, http://4sq.com/11LiqmV
- Brindle Room – http://uzonyc.com/QA, http://4sq.com/19GCK1j
- Big Daddy’s – http://uzonyc.com/Er, http://4sq.com/11HHvlR
- Mother Burger – http://bit.ly/GS2hIi, http://4sq.com/133CMxx
- Diego’s Mexican Grill – http://bit.ly/GS2gEg, http://4sq.com/1bPQZOT
- Mickey Spillane’s – http://bit.ly/GS2efv, http://4sq.com/1bPVZTC
- Birreria at Eataly – http://bit.ly/GS2c7s, http://4sq.com/1d2S1dG
- Croxley Ales – http://bit.ly/GS2zz5, http://4sq.com/18xX7HK
- Bareburger – http://bit.ly/GS2ATy, http://4sq.com/18xX6nn
- Press Lounge – http://bit.ly/GS2Eml, http://4sq.com/18xX52H
- Long Charm Thai – http://bit.ly/GS2F9P, http://4sq.com/14ZDB4v
- “Sleep No More” – http://bit.ly/GS2GdH, http://4sq.com/11Hy0Dc
- Latitude Bar & Grill – http://bit.ly/GS2MlN, http://4sq.com/1blYBvg
- Mad 46 Rooftop Lounge – http://wp.me/p3Vfdx-ch, http://4sq.com/1blYAav
- Tres Carnes – http://wp.me/p3Vfdx-ck, http://4sq.com/1blYyQ2
- Toshi’s Living Room – http://wp.me/p3Vfdx-cn, http://4sq.com/1blYwaX
- Die Stammkneipe / Der Schwarze Kölner – http://4sq.com/1blYvDU
- Governor’s Island – http://wp.me/p3Vfdx-ct, http://4sq.com/167G3qL
- Google, New York City – http://wp.me/p3Vfdx-cv, http://4sq.com/167G2TE
- Salsa y Salsa – http://wp.me/p3Vfdx-cy, http://4sq.com/167G266
- Dirty Bird – http://wp.me/p3Vfdx-cB, http://4sq.com/167FZau
- Gallow Green Rooftop – http://wp.me/p3Vfdx-cE, http://4sq.com/167FYTM
- Gaslight Lounge – http://wp.me/p3Vfdx-cH, http://4sq.com/1blYobv
- Bathtub Gin – http://wp.me/p3Vfdx-cK, http://4sq.com/1blYnnV
- Flatiron Hall – http://wp.me/p3Vfdx-cN, http://4sq.com/GS1Hu1